“Let the Chase Begin!”
The Reel Chase series of large arbor fly reels is our very latest in terms of design and functionality that features an open lightweight frame and spool design. The advancements in this new design also carry through to the drag system where a newly developed Cork-in-Teflon disc drag allow for an incredibly low startup inertia as well as exceptionally smooth operation even under full tension. The smooth silent drag is well suited to all fresh water fly fishing applications and the large arbor design allows for swift retrieval of fly line.
The Chase 6.7.8 sized model is well suited to larger fresh water species such as large mouth yellowfish, bass, barble and even tiger fish.
- Width of Spool: 25mm
- Outer diameter of Spool: 94mm
- Inner diameter of Spool: 57mm
- Line Capacity: WF8F+ and 100 yards of 20lb backing
- Weight: 139 grams
- Arbor: True large arbor design
- Spool: V-Shaped Spool | increased backing capacity | uniform fly line layering | less fly line memory | quicker retrieval
- Construction: Machined 6061-T6 aluminium components | reel foot | handle | drag knob | spool knob
- Construction: High pressure cast aluminium spool and frame
- Drag System: Micro adjustable drag knob housing the Cork-in-Teflon drag disc plates
- Silent retrieval in either left|right handed
- Low audible outgoing click on the drag system
After more than a year in testing and design adjustments you can rest assured knowing that the Reel Chase is built to handle the unique conditions in South Africa. All spares, spools and servicing of the reels is handled directly by Reel Fly Fishing.