REEL Submerged Tip is a fly line specifically designed to offer the benefits of both a sinking and floating line wrapped up in one unit.
The initial front section of the fly line is weighted and offers a sinking rate of 3 IPS, there after the line changes into a traditional floating fly line that offers superb buoyancy, tag ability and tactility. The sinking tip configuration is great for fast flowing rivers and even large still waters where the sinking tip aids to take your flies down to the bottom/desired depth while still offering the sight and ease of use that a floating fly line offers.
A traditional sinking line sinks from tip to tip and over time will end up near the bottom, the Submerged tip however will allow you to drift flies at a different depth as the body of the line acts as a “float” so to speak allowing for some unique approaches to fishing styles and patterns.
- Weight: 5 (WF5FS)
- Type: Sinking Tip 3 IPS (first 15 foot) – Floating Body (65 foot)
- Shape: Weight forward (WF)
- Colour: Deep Brown and Lime Green | Dual Colour
- Connectivity Includes 2 welded loops
- Length: 80 f00t | 15 foot sinking | 65 foot floating
- Buoyancy Characteristic: Floating & Sinking
- Coating Construction: Polyethylene
- Core: REEL Braided Core improves casting timing, hook set, mending and loop stability
- Usability: Super smooth and easy casting fly lie with very low memory which is achieved through the REEL braided core
- Purpose built fly line that offers exception feedback, uniform sink rate on the front section as well as quick responsiveness