Orbital Rotary Fly Tying Vice
(03.10.19 Updated design)
The REEL Fly Fishing original Orbital fly tying vice was a huge success back in December 2018 and brought a full rotary design to the fly fishing market at an unprecedented price point. Work began early in 2019 on our updated Orbital range of fly vices, as of October 2019 we proud to announce that the new range is available in 3 specifications.
The standard silver and dark grey models are almost identical to the Original design baring a few small adjustments and colour changes.
Our first limited edition is the Midnight Blue Orbital Fly Vice, featuring full cam operated jaws and bearings covers as opposed to the standard Orbital Vice. The Midnight Blue colour treatment is a popular colour option for Stainless Steel, and through the process of PVD/CVD the coating is applied to each of the vices.
The second limited edition is our Kaleidoscope Orbital Fly Vice, featuring full cam operated jaws and bearing covers as opposed to the standard Orbital vice. The rainbow/kaleidoscope Titanium Coating colour treatment is very popular on fly tying scissors and accessories, this same PVD/CVD process has been applied to the Orbital range creating a unique effect on each vice with added durability.
- Full rotary design and operation: Easily get a full 360° view of the fly you are tying | 2 stainless steel deep groove ball bearings create a friction-less rotary action | Kaleidoscope and Midnight Blue feature bearing covers
- Tension screw: Adjusts the tension on the rotary action
- Adjustable Jaws: Handles hook sizes #28 to 4/0 | Japanese stainless steel | hardened and tempered | Kaleidoscope and Midnight Blue feature Cam operated jaws.
- Portable Design: 10mm thick | easily setup the vice on any flat surface | great for travelling | base plate weighs : 1030g / 1kg
- Table Top: C-clamp accommodates most table tops and affixes to them easily
- Extension section: Increase the length of the main aluminium shaft | Limited edition features stainless steel main shafts
- Construction Materials: Aluminium main shaft & extension pieces | Japanese stainless steel Jaws | Stainless steel screws and bolts | Mild steel base plate powder coated in RFF freestone grey | Limited edition features all stainless steel components
- Bobbin cradle: Keep your bobbin and thread out of harm’s way | Stainless steel arms and plastic holder
- T-handle: Simply attach this to the main rotary handle to give you extra control
- Spring: Hackle and feather holder
- Usability: Easily converts from left to right hand usage
- Portable Carry Case: Protective case that carries all items for the vice | bungees to secure each component and velvet cover
Whats included in the bag?
- Orbital Fly Vice
- Aluminium Extension section Standard | Limited edition feature stainless steel
- Heavy Base plate
- Bobbin cradle
- Selected models shipped with waste bin. (limited edition does not include a waste bin – these will be available shortly along with the Orbital back drop for photos/pictures of flies) | 04.10.19
- Aluminium T-piece handle extension | Limited edition feature stainless steel
- Padded Carry case
2018 Orbital Fly Tying Vice
2019 Limited Editions
Kaleidoscope Orbital Fly Tying Vice
Our previous REEL Fly Vice: References
Wondering how many flies can be tied on your vice ? – why not checkout @fly_bound, @livefor_fly and @jozifly on Instagram. Follow their progress as they tie flies, catch fish and make the most of what fly fishing is all about!