A single rod for every occasion is exactly what the REEL Merger Series of fly rods offer. The standard length without the extension piece is 9′ crisp fast action for the 5 to 6 weight, in this configuration the Merger Series offer exceptional casting and pin point accuracy. The add in section that is 30cm long allows the Merger to change from a 9′ to a 10′ rod, in this configuration the rod is well suited to Euro|Czech nymphing applications but at the trade-off of pure casting ability. The combination and usability of the Merger 5|6 make it a great rod for trout in its 9′ guise and then an effective rod for yellows in its 10′ guise. Enjoy the best of both worlds in one simple package.
- Weight: 5 to 6
- Length: 9′ to 10′
- Action: Fast | 9′ configuration | Fast but with medium action characteristics in 10′ setup
- Application: Casting | Still waters | Rivers | Lakes | Euro and Czech Nymphing | Float tubing | Bank casting |
- Flex: Tip flex in 9′ | Tip to mid flex in 10′
- Handle: AAAA Portuguese cork handle with compressed cork ring for hard wearing and durability
- Guides: Pacific bay titanium black coated single foot for reduced weight
- Reel Seat: CNC aluminum gunsmoke sliver and burled wood inlay with 2 screw rings for tightening as well as a cut away flat section to snugly fit various sized reels
- Construction: High module 46T Japanese Toray carbon for exception strength, power and backbone
- Cordura Rod tube with 2 hard plastic ends
- Soft touch rod bag with 2 draw strings
- Covered by REEL Fly Fishing Life Time – Hooked Up Warranty
Robbie Millar with one of many rainbows that he managed on the RFF Merger 5.6, paired with our Merger 5.6 fly reel and Gold WF6F fly line. A great combo for still waters even when the wind is pumping down in the Eastern Cape.